
How many times have we heard the Christmas story? We know the details. We know God chose Mary to be the mother of his only son. We know that Joseph didn't run for the hills when he got the news. We know that the baby was born in a stable in Bethlehem. We know he was named Jesus.
I don't in any way want to diminish the beauty and power and awe of the story of Christ's birth. I get all teary-eyed every time I think about it!
I don't in any way want to diminish the beauty and power and awe of the story of Christ's birth. I get all teary-eyed every time I think about it!
But, there are details that we don't know and I love that Beth encouraged us to let our imagination fill in the blanks -- imagine the emotion and the uncertainty of being a new mother compounded by the knowledge that this baby is the Messiah! Did you sit back for a moment and let that just wash over you?
Discussion Questions...
Discussion Questions...
1. What question would you want to ask Mary if you get the chance in heaven?
2. When have you been stunned by something God did for you and wondered, "Who am I that You would even look upon me?"
3. What has God shown you in your own life about His timing...His perfect timing? This question is from page 28 in your book.
I hope that you'll share some or all of your answers to these questions in the comment section. Also, feel free to share anything else that touched you during this first week. If you're unsure about how to leave a comment on the blog, click here for instructions.
Father, we are common women who long to know and strenghthen our relationship with you and your son. Help us to encourage each other and others as we ask you to work in us. Thank You for your Word that teaches us and nourishes us. Thank You for our sisters in Christ here and around the world who strive to glorify You and bring your Word to the lost. And, thank You for sending your son for our freedom. Amen.
Image: Oil on canvas by artist, Mark Sanislo
This is wonderful Kelley!! I left my book at church go figure! I read the first day and it is captivating!
ReplyDeleteAnd, it gets better and better each day! I can hardly wait to get to the next day to find out what nugget of awesomeness is going to be uncovered in the few verses Beth has us read each day.
ReplyDelete