Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Let's Get Started!

The right focus of our faith will bring Jesus into clear view. To focus on Jesus means to be taken up with Him, to put Him at the center, to listen to what He says, and to see life from His perspective. Faith looks in the wrong direction when it focuses on us, on our problems, on others, on the world, or on the enemy.


We need to turn the eyes of our faith away from everything, anything, or anyone that distracts us from seeing Jesus. As we see Jesus, our faith will not be focused on our sins, but on the Savior; not on our failures, but on the Victor; not on our hurts, but on the Healer; not on our weaknesses, but on the Almighty One; not on our ages, but on the Lord of the Ages; not on our needs, but on the Provider; not on our anxieties, but on the Prince of Peace; not on our circumstances, but on the Shepherd; not on our problems, but on the All Sufficient One who is with you always.
-Roy Lessin, DaySpring Co-Founder, Meet Me in the Meadow blog post, May 16, 2011
Over the next 90 days we will focus on the life of Jesus, The One and Only. We will be taken up by Him, put Him at the center, listen to what He says and take a look at His life to put our lives in perspective.

Take time each day to learn more and grow closer to Jesus. This study isn't about learning the facts of Jesus' life; it's about growing your personal relationship with Him. Each day there are two questions following the scripture reading and before Beth's "take" on the scripture. There are no right or wrong answers for these questions; no answer key in the back of the book. This is for you to jot down your personal thoughts, feelings and reactions related to the scripture. At the conclusion of each day, there is a whole page for prayer. Don't get caught up in the praying scripture title on the page...that is not how I pray either! Read Beth's scriptural prayer and write to God, our Loving Father about what is on your heart.

Tip: Date each day in your book. I did this study several years ago and as I recently looked back over some of my entries, I wish that I would have dated them.

Ladies, I am so excited to take this journey with you! Below is the schedule that I will follow for emails and blog posts. Don't worry if you get behind a day or two or ten! Just pick up where you left off and use the schedule to follow along when you complete another week. You'll notice that the schedule is conveniently broken into 7 day chunks...I thought the whole 7 day thing that God came up with is quite good, so that's what I went with for our study! I will post every Tuesday...hopefully, in the morning, but I won't make any promises. I'll just do my best!

Please email me at kprahl@me.com or call me at 214.663.6150 if you have any questions or would like to let us know about a small group gathering. I also hope that you'll use the comment feature on the blog to interact and stay connected. Click HERE for a short tutorial about posting comments if you aren't familiar. The same link is also over there in the right column at the top if you need a refresher!

Grab your Devotional Book and your Bible along with your favorite pen/pencil and a highlighter, and let's get started!

The "Schedule"
Please don't stress out at the thought of a schedule! This is more of an outline that will help me stay on track and help you get caught up if you should miss a few days, but still want to participate in the discussion. The weeks will run from Wednesday through Tuesday, with new posts on Tuesdays.

May 25 - May 31: Introduction and Days 1 - 7
June 1 - 7: Days 8 - 14
June 8 - 14: Days 15 - 21
June 15 - 21: Days 22 - 28
June 22 - 28: Days 29 - 35
June 29 - July 5: Days 36 - 42
July 6 - July 12: Days 43 - 49
July 13 - 19: Days 50 - 56
July 20 - July 26: Days 57 - 63
July 27 - August 2: Days 64 - 70
August 3 - August 9: Days 71 - 77
August 10 - 16: Days 78 - 84
August 17 - 22: Days 85 - 90
August 23 - 29: Get caught up or review some of you favorite days or more challenging days.

August 30th, 9:30 - 11:30 Get Together in the Narthex 

No comments:

Post a Comment