Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Week 5: Days 29 - 35

I cannot believe that we're nearing the end of June. It feels like the girls just got out of school yesterday... and then, there are the days that it seems like they've been out for six months!

I pray that you are enjoying the summer and your time in God's Word as you draw closer to Jesus. I've run into several of you in the past few weeks and I just want to hug you when you feel obliged to confess that you're behind. Don't worry about getting “behind”,  but don't completely give up on your 90 days with Jesus either. It may take you 180 or 365 days to complete the devotional, but please don't put the book and your Bible on the bookshelf because you think you're behind. You are exactly where you need to be right now!

I'd like to share a few words of encouragement that touched me this week. They come from a fictional book and a magazine article. God really does speak to us in all sorts of ways!

“It's always easier to hold our your arm and say, 'Don't get near me, Jesus,' and then just criticize all the bad things around us. It is scary...to get to know Jesus the way you know your best friend. But if you want to change, that's what has got to happen. There's no other religion that has a personal God... No other religion where their god came down to earth and sacrificed himself out of love. If you want to be a Christian, you've got to realize that it's all about knowing God, knowing Jesus. Not a religion. Not just going to church.”1

It's all about knowing God, knowing Jesus.

Candace embraced the idea of living in relationship with Christ and allowed the Holy Spirit to move into her life. “I had to let the Spirit really move in – unpack His bags and even rearrange the furniture in my life,” she says.2

Let the Holy Spirit move in, unpack His bags and rearrange some of the furniture.

Have a blessed week!

1 The Swan House by Elizabeth Musser, p. 189
2 Life Beautiful Magazine, “Finding Her Balance” by Julie Martens, Summer 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment